Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mavs update

I blasted Rick Carlisle a few weeks ago for alienating Rajon Rondo, so let me give some credit where credit is due. Carlisle backed the hell off and gave Rondo some freedom and the results have been markedly better since then.  Rondo is still hit or miss, but he is a definite factor a lot if not most nights now.

I still don't love Carlisle for the previously mentioned reason, but I am glad to see him trying to work with a guy who isn't one of his guys for once.

Will that mean a series victory for the Mavs?  I can't say.  In Corey Brewer, Jet Terry, Dwight Howard, and James Harden, the Rockets have a lot of guys who can swing games.  Dallas has Dirk, Rondo, and Tyson...will that be enough?

I wish we still had Brewer and Shawn Marion.

No comments:

Post a Comment