Friday, May 9, 2014

Dallas trades a 2nd and 3rd for Demarcus Lawrence

I am pretty disgusted.  Dallas was on track for a good draft this year.  That is very much in question now.

I don't have a huge problem with Lawrence as a 2nd round prospect, but I do have a problem with the spot he was picked. Lawrence is a guy who had to put on weight to get to 251 and is consistently described as lacking strength.

He is a very skilled/developed pass rusher, but I don't see top athleticism here.

I think this is a situational pass rusher for the next 2-3 years.  Maybe he can match Ware's sack total from last year, but will get destroyed vs. the run.

He will develop, but for now I am reminded of Shante Carver.

I am very sad as a Cowboy fan as this draft is considered ridiculously deep. The guy you get in the 2nd round this year might have a first round grade in most drafts.  The guy you get in the third would have a second round grade most years.  So basically 2 starters was the cost.

What Cowboys fan would trade two starters for Shante Carver?

Dallas has had the second fewest number of picks in the top 100 in the last 7 years.  They have not drafted well late in the draft.  This is why talent is so scarce in Dallas and depth is non-existent.

This is why Dallas always feels compelled to overpay to keep their good players.

I find myself immensely jealous of Browns fans today.

Update:  Dallas could have landed MLB Chris Borland and DT Will Sutton with the picks they traded away. Neither guy is "all that" but both look like starters as positions of major need.  I am a little bummed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment